Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Weather Outside Is Frightful

Tonight we are experiencing freezing rain. As I think I have explained on this site, perhaps a couple of years ago, feezing rain is not frozen, at least when it is falling. It is regular old liquid rain until it lands on something which has a surface temperature below freezing. Like cars and roads.

But not everything the rain lands on is freezing. At the moment, our two cars are just wet, because we drove them home less than four hours ago and they still have enough residual warmth to keep ice from forming. But as the night wears on and they cool, they will acuumulate a lovely coating of thin, hard ice. SO I have to get up early to warm up my car so the ice melts before I leave.

The roads are another story. They may be very icy. They might be nothing more than wet. I'll find out tomorrow.

Meanwhile, we are getting very close to getting the frame of our house done. Lumber is being delivered Saturday, just ahead of the snow, and the framing contractor should be starting next weel. He says he could have the basic box all closed and dry beofre Christmas.

In other news, William will be on the stage with his schoolmates on Thursday, and amazingly, Karen and I are both available at the same time.

Will wonders never cease?

No comments: