Saturday, June 07, 2008

A Hot Day In New Hampshire

Yesterday was cool, drizzling, and breezy. I couldn't get out to my car without my glasses collecting water droplets. Today, however, was hot and muggy. Just another New Hampshire roller coaster ride. But at least when it's hot I can take a dip in the pond, or go spend some time in the basement of the new house, which seems to stay nice and cool pretty much all the time. Easier and cheaper than getting warm when the temperature is well below freezing.

A little time, finally, to spend on blogging and Web site work, including, you'll notice, new pictures. The real surprise comes Saturday, when there is finally a new picture to replace to heavily recycled (though very cute) picture of the two little ones blowing bubbles. There just hasn't been a lot of time for taking pictures lately, but we're trying to make up for lost time now, and it's going to be a lot easier in the weeks leading up to the trip to California, since I won't be commuting to NPC. Not that I won't be busy, but I'll have a little more control over my time.

This past week I spent getting rid of a water-damaged wood floor in our current home so that it could be replaced with a carpet. The floor was ripped up last week, and I spent Tuesday evening pitching it out of the window and helping Tom load it into my van, Wednesday after work unloading it at the dump, and Thursday night until quite late hanging new drywall, so that everything would be in place for the carpet installer yesterday morning. Last night, while Karen, Thomas, and Julia attended the Kingswood High senior banquet, I took William and Daniel to McDonalds (their choice) and did a quick tech rehearsal for the annual talent show at the Village Players. The actual show is tommorow, along with the semi-annual meeting and potluck dinner.

Today we took the boys out to the park, had lunch in town, and spent a little time swimming in the pond. We also arranged to have the septic finally covered and some of the fill put in at the back of the property, as well as finishing the well work by having the pump installed. The rough plumbing is done, and I've made a lot of progress on the rough electrical, although I probably won't finish until the week after next.

I'm counting days now. Six days until I say goodbye to NPC so that I can get moving on all the preparations for the trip. Days until the trip? Not exactly sure, but I think it's a little less than 60 days. Not a lot of time for everything there is to do, but we're determined. It's time for a change.

It's also time to get this blog entry and the pictures uploaded so that I can go to bed. Sleep is something I've been all too unfamiliar with this past week. I'm going to go reacquaint myself.

No comments: