Monday, July 07, 2008

A New Look

Well, the new version of the site is up, warts and all. I will be removing all those warts little by little over the course of, well, the rest of my life, probably, but the major ones will be excised over the course of the next week.

Using Picasa to organize our albums means that I can upload a bunch of pictures when I get anywhere by a high-speed connection, and then worry about organizing and adding captions to them later. Only four of the nine old galleries have been moved over, and the captions haven't been copied for three of those, but I only started the galleries on Saturday, so I'm not doing so badly.

Videos go on YouTube (of course), but I haven't figured out how to get the best quality out of the Flash video that they ultimately encode to, so I'll probably have access to higher-quality video for download on this site soon.

Buttons on the bottom that don't work are just not activated yet; think of them as little promises. Feel free to come back and explore often; I hope you'll find new little gems popping up all over the place.

No comments: