Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Learnin'

Another first in my electrical experiences: I hung an outlet on a concrete wall. Not a big deal, but I had never done it before and I wasn't entirely sure what I was doing. But I never let that stop me. I also built a small wall to encase the drain plumbing that runs through a corner of the basement bedroom. I made another wall in the upstairs bathroom, but I made some mistakes that I have to find a workaround for before anyone tries to hang drywall on it. Oops!

You might have noticed that the pictures have started cycling back again. No one seems to have time to take pictures! I've asked Tom and Karen to take pictures of work on the house and boys at the beach, but everything now is rush, rush, rush! But that will ease off a little very soon. Once I get my rough electrical inspection, I have to wait for insulation and drywall before I can do any more work myself. So lots of phone calls, supervision, and decisions, but a little more time with camera in hand. And more time at the computer for updating the Web site--and getting it ready for its next incarnation for our cross-country journey.

I'm not saying exactly how the site will change when we start the trip, because I have no idea! Well, a couple of ideas maybe, but no definite plans, except that there will be more pictures (perhaps made easier for all by using a site like Flickr or Webshots) and movies (again maybe through YouTube, though I think I would like to make higher-quality versions available for download on this site).

Thomas will no longer be on the banner, just because I'll have no end of trouble getting pictures of him! But I will set up ways that he can keep us all up to date on his doings and link to them from here. And if Thomas is too busy to post anything online (or just too interested in other things), I'll pass along messages from him on my blog.

One of our goals this year is to increase our involvement in the arts. My hope is that the Web site will be a place where you can find some of the fruits of our efforts, and read about how pursuing this goal is affecting (hopefully enriching) our lives.

No comments: