Monday, December 29, 2008

Missed It By That Much!

Well, I let the picture of the day slip again, this time because I forgot to upload it. Oh well, I'll move the picture that was supposed to be today's to tomorrow so that you don't miss it.

The weather continues to be weird, a situation shared by a great many people, as I'm reading about parts of the Midwest who, after being buried in several feet of snow now have to worry about flooding as it melts. Our melt-off is not quite that severe, but the plywood I put on the back deck, that I couldn't work on Saturday because it was coated with slush and ice, was dry this morning when I went to replace it with deck boards.

Even better, our driveway, which was so bad it was all we could do to shovel down about twenty feet to make room for our cars to park at the top (plus a little alcove in front of the new house where Tom puts his car). Now the driveway and Tom's alcove are completely clear of snow.

Alas, it is not to last, for more snow is coming tonight, so we're told. It's only supposed to be a couple of inches, but then that's what I heard the last time. I'm breaking out the shovels to celebrate the coming of the new year.

Speaking of the new year, here's hoping that 2009 is better for everyone than 2008, even if 2008 was a great year for you. I know there's a lot of trepidation about the economy--certainly our family economy is nothing to shout about--but I see a year loaded with potential.

No comments: