Monday, August 16, 2010

Getting Ready to Fly!

I'm starting to get really excited about traveling out to California to see all our friends and family on the Left Coast and visit some of our favorite places. I have my packing list done, though before we actually pack anything we need to look over the list and eliminate! This idea of traveling light has never been our strong suit, but I'm bound to keep trying.

Actually it's getting to be a matter of economics with the airlines charging for checked luggage. We're not bringing any; we each have our one carry-on and one "personal bag," which is an airline euphemism for "another bag that we won't call luggage." It has to fit under the seat, however, so we will not be stuffing those very full. (Hint: if you want to do something special for us this trip, show us around, do something with us, or feed us. We don't have room to take anything else home!)

I'm still planning to put up that gallery I promised, since I haven't had time to blog about some of the fun events of the past couple of weeks. One that I don't have pictures of was a yard sale on Saturday at our day care, where we set up tables and sold some of the things we have been trying to get rid of. Well, let me clarify that. We didn't have a table because we couldn't find one, and it was the boys' stuff that we were getting rid of to get them some spending money for the trip. Actually, they made out very well, and I was proud of how well William handled making change.

By the way the second weekend of show went very well, and overall more people attended this summer show than any other since I've been with the Village Players. And they were great, boisterous crowds, too, which makes the job of acting in a comedy that much easier. A great and to the season for me, since I won't have time to be in the musical (although I running the light and sound boards).

Meanwhile there's lots to do on the house, trying to sandwich construction work between the dog days of summer and the first freeze. News about that as it happens.

No comments: