Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wheels

Karen and I have been shopping for a car. Not a new car, because we don't have that much money, and we don't want to take on car payments. But we put feelers out with our mechanic, who has sold us a couple of cars so far, and they have been great deals. And he's done it again.

He found us a 2004 Subaru Forester, very similar to Karen's car, but with half the mileage, and at a very good price. We were hoping for a car that would last us a couple of years, but this one could go five or six with no problem. I'll be picking it up tomorrow or Friday, when the paperwork's done. The boys are very excited, and they want to come along with me. I'll publish pictures, I promise.

So for the summer, at least, we'll be a three-car family again, and I won't have to take multiple trips into town to take Tom to work and pick him up whenever the boys have something to do, or I have theater obligations (although I don't have any of those this summer, except for training a few people on the new light board, as I'm the only one who's ever used it in a show so far).

At the end of the summer, when Karen's car comes up for inspection, we'll have to decide if any repair costs are worth the money. If we have to go back to two cars for the school year, it's not a big deal; we've been doing it for quite some time.

But it will make the summer easier.

No comments: