Monday, March 09, 2015

Reruns

I've missed a few picture days in the last few weeks, partly because most of what's happening in the Brooks household is visually redundant, and so it ends up looking as though I'd missed pictures anyway. I mention this because the last couple of recycled pictures were taken during the worst of our bouts with snow, and may have given some the wrong impression of the current state of things. Although there’s still a lot of the white stuff on the ground, the weather is much warmer, and so are we.

I've also missed picture days because I've been under the weather. Today, for example, after getting up at 4:30 (5:30 Standard Time) and helping William and Danny get on the bus, I went back to bed with Karen, who has today off. I ended up sleeping until 11:30. Daylight Time. Very confusing. Also puts a crimp on productivity.

I'm up and about now. I've even been in town to keep Karen company while she does laps in the pool.

And tonight I'll be out watching Danny play his last basketball game of the season, unless his team wins, which will put them in the championship game on Thursday.

I don't really care. Danny has enjoyed playing and learned a lot about teamwork and focus. I consider that a win all around.

No comments: