Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Brooks Bunch, Unplugged

Today was Karen's day off. We slept in (well, sort of; I got up to make sure the boys were ready for school, and then I went back to bed), and we did some sorting through the clutter that had accumulated in the kitchen drawers. When William came home, he and Karen did some baking, after which William was supposed to make dinner. And just as he was setting up to do that, the power went off.

We hadn't had anything more than a light snow until then, but right around 5:00, the wind started to pick up. It must have knocked down a tree limb onto a power line. Sigh.

So, off to Wolfeboro for pizza, and to hang out in the library for some relaxation and light until they closed at 8:00. Lucky for us, the power was back on by the time. But it did put kind of a crimp in the evening. And it had us worried, because we hadn't prepared for it.

The wind is expected to continue through tomorrow, so I set us up with flashlights and extra water, just in case. And least I don't have to worry about the morning alarm not going off, because that's on my phone. If the boys' alarms fail, I have a backup.

Which makes me sleep better, even if it annoys the boys.

No comments: