Sunday, August 23, 2015

Countdown To Deck

With one week to go until the deck needs to be done, or at least done enough to eat Karen's birthday dinner on, I have footings! And that's about it. It took until Tuesday to get permission to pour, and so we are running at this point! Tomorrow I have to buy the lumber I don't already have, and all the hardware, and then, if the weather cooperates, I can erect the two beams and start attaching joists.

If the weather cooperates. The reports don't look good. As in thundershowers. At least the lumber is pressure-treated, so I don't have to worry about getting it home in the rain.

William had his first soccer games on Saturday down in Keene, about two hours away. No pictures, because we weren't there, but we'll see if we can manage some during his first home game on Friday. Meanwhile, he has practice every day leading up to the opening game.

I didn't get a role in Spamalot, which is probably for the better, but doesn't feel like it. The director put together a great cast, and I'm going to miss being part of it, but on the scheduling front it would have been a stretch. Perhaps the Spring play....

For now, though, I need to make a parts list for my shopping tomorrow, and see if I can get some actual construction done between downpours. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: