Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Night of Youthful Magic

A short entry today because it is nearly bedtime. But I had to talk about William's play. That's right, I'm not the only one to hit the boards this year; WIlliam and his kindergarten class participated in a half-hour spectacle called "The Incredible Reindeer," about a group of superhero reindeer who save the world--and, by the way, Christmas.

The little ones were part of the chorus, and I have to tell you I was amazed at how well they did. They learned four songs, and most of them were singing most of the time. They had dance moves to do, and I've seen adults do far worse on keeping together.

Older elementary-school children played the parts of Santa, elves, and reindeer, and they did a great job. For this recently-indoctrinated thespian, it made for a very pleasurable night. And WIlliam? He had a lot of fun and made Mom and Dad and brothers very proud.

Oh, and Danny got in on the act, too. When one of the reindeer gave the line, "Who can help us?" Danny piped up from the second row, "I can help you!"

Natural-born ham, that one.

No comments: