Saturday, January 20, 2007

Weather Again

This morning I plowed our driveway to push aside three or four inches of new, unexpected snow.

I don't mind plowing, although my plow's hydraulics still need some work. But the work is kind of interesting, and actually more of an intellectual challenge than my day job. But working in the snow isn't quite so much fun when the temperature never gets above 20 and the wind gusts around 50 mph.

The boys didn't really get a chance to play outside today because of the wind chill and the extremely dry air, and even ended up watching a DVD in the car while I was at storage, combining two units into one to save money now that we are moving back into the house. That was also not a lot of fun, what with my freezing fingers (even through insulated gloves) and the fine snow blowing into the storage unit and the car.

But we are managing to stay warm inside tonight. Tomorrow will be similar, although we will be going out late in the day (for indoor activities, thank you very much). And we are not expecting any measurable snow.

Oh, wait, we weren't expecting any last night either. Hmm. I think I'd better make sure the truck with the plow is first out.

No comments: