Friday, January 18, 2008

A Break

The weather picture is looking up, although my California family and friends might not agree with my assessment. The weather prognosticators are backing off on the prospects for weekend snow, and the deep freeze that is heading our way Sunday will not be as bad as originally feared, with highs around 19 degrees. Fahrenheit. No, really, but it's better than single-digit temperatures for 48 hours straight. And the rest of the week will be a more normal high-twenties sort of week with no precipitation.

There is now a truck on the building site with a drilling rig, which will be employed to get us a well in the next few days. Even with the snow and the cold, the project continues. Karen has a few days off, but except for some phone calls and planning, and moving many of my tools, there is little we can do for the new house during that time, so we are going to spend the long weekend preparing the old house for sale.

I'm hoping to spend some of that time working on the changes to the Web site, and putting up some pictures of the house and other recent happenings. We'll see how much time I end up having.

William had another basketball practice last night. The skills he most needs to work on are dribbling and listening; we'll help him work on both over the course of the season. I don't actually know how long the season lasts for these first-graders; there isn't even a game scheduled yet that I know of, so it's probably going to be a while.

I need to get up early tomorrow so I'm available to do snow removal for the well driller if need be.

And you know how much I love to remove snow.

No comments: