Saturday, January 12, 2008

Oh Right, Winter.

The weather is once again coming at us. After a couple of weeks of unreasonably mild weather, including some rain which took away a lot of the snow, there is now the prediction of heavy snow on Monday throughout the morning. No word on predicted accumulations, though those predictions have during the season to date been fairly useless.

Today Tom and I spent a lot of time moving lumber out of the way so that the well can be drilled in the coming week. Tomorrow we will have to cover our leach field and stack more lumber, and get anything off the ground that we can't have buried in snow. And the next day we will spend a lot of time shoveling snow. I'm tired.

And unfortunately my work is beginning to take its toll on my wrists, thumbs, and back, which makes it harder to do the lifting and loading I need to do to get the new house done. The house will get done, but I think that the makers of my favorite anti-inflammatory drug are going to profit admirably from the effort.

William just started playing basketball last Monday, and I'm afraid that his second practice is going to get called off because of the weather. Most likely they won't even open the school that day. Makes it hard to plan anything. Karen and I, of course, will not be so lucky as to get the day off, so there will be work as well as shoveling and a horrendous commute for each of us. I'm ready for winter to be over, even though it's not a third of the way done.

I complain too much. I should send myself to bed until my disposition improves. Well, no, I can't sleep through the winter. I'll just have to see how I'm doing in the morning.

Night all!

No comments: