Thursday, September 25, 2008

Chilled

Autumn is upon us, and with every little nighttime chill and every colorful leaf I am reminded that the new house is still not done. We still have to get the siding finished, the drywall hung, and the decks put on, plus all the normal buttoning up of electrical and plumbing. Oh yes, and heating (I recall as another chill hits me).

Siding is the biggest issue. I can't do that on my own, and everybody we've had look at the job wants to start from scratch, which we cannot afford. I can hang drywall with some help from my young, healthy eldest son. I can finish the electrical on my own with no problem. I'm already beginning work on the decking. And the amount of money involved in the plumbing and heating is withing our budget.

So, if we solve the siding issue, I will be able to write more opimistically about a move-in date for the new house. Right now the less than 150-foot move from our front door to the new house's back door seems a long way into the future.

No comments: